$2500 Rig. Need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the plan was triple 5850 or crossfire 5870^ it's not worth going for triple anyway, it just cost too much for what you get.

As said, you wont need water, that involves learning a whole lot if you thought about making your own loop. The prolimatech magehalems and the Titan Fenrir are the two best cooler on the market, you will only need one good quality fan like a scythe s-flex which isn't too loud but still provides good airflow. Adding two won't give you that much of a decrease in temps. The HAF comes loaded with cooling so don't worry about buying any additional cooling fans, it's most likely if you add any more you will just disrupt the intended airflow.

Well by the time I get to tripple crossfire, probably won't be for another year and a half or so. And who knows how quickly technology will jump. Might end up being something worth doing. Once my refunds come through from newegg, going to reorder some parts and I'll put this baby together. Hopefully it all goes through without a hitch.

Should I get some info on OCing now? Or just wait till it's up and running? Don't know how the overclocking works.

Parts are on it's way. 3 day shipping. Should have this baby put together by Monday nightish? Maybe Tuesday at worst case? How difficult is it to install a heatsink/fan? Never used one before. Self explanatory? Will post a thread with pics as soon as I get it put together. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom