NEW Core i7 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
a bit of a dumb question but, would anyone gaming even need anything faster than say an i5 750 overclocked to around 3.4-3.8ghz in 3 years if they have a pretty good video card? I too am stumbling between the i5 or the i7 which costs a few extra hundred due to compatible motherboards etc but to me I cant see the real big deal that makes the i7 worth the 200 extra bucks even 3+ years from now.

@slayer - I've only read a little on the OCZ and they haven't been good. @xxxTrickyxxx- i'm planning on over clocking this machine when i get an a ok that this spec (with some tweaks!) will work.. I've spent the last 3-5 days buried in the net looking at types of mobo's , CPUs, GPU's etc.. Really need to get this done by the end of the week.

I have the UD7, basically the same board just for the X58, I have never had a problem with the board, and having USB 3.0 SATA revision 3 are just more future proof reasons to get it.

I am sure there are better boards out there for the price but I think its a good buy

your better off sticking with the x4 system in your price range because at the end of the day, i7's don't have that much performance gain over a x4 when it comes to gaming, and the x4's overclock just as well.

I forgot to post in the 5850 which was included in that build, maybe that will change your decision, a 5850 with the 955 will be an awesome rig. way better than gts250 sli.

The cheapest i7 920 board I would look at is the Asus p6t. See if you can make that work. It will be overbudget, yet more future proof.

I'm set on Intel and what i'll be able to do with it.. Thanks matey. I need a reliable mobo for te CPU and GPU i listed at the start, any suggestions?

I understand wanting to go Intel as I run one but, to infer that AMD cpus are less reliable is very incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom