Building First Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddel321

Solid State Member
Hi guys, I am attempting to build my first computer system.I could use some insight on what
directions to go with some parts.I will list the parts that I am looking at and I would love some feedback on them.

Building in a mid tower case

CPU- AMD phenom II x4 965 Black edition Quad

Fan- Asetek 120 liqued cooling system

Motherboard- ( ill copy and past it ) MSI 770-G45 AM3 770 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI

Memory - 4 Gigs kingston ddr3@1600

800 Watt power supply

Im not sure about the video card.According to the manufacturer the motherboard is crossfire capable but im on a limited budget right now of under 1 thousand.I was looking at
the 4850 and getting another one in the near future because of its smaller price tag then the 4870.

Any fingers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

The Asetek liquid cooling system is a waste of money. Is this a pre-built system?
You don't need a 800 watt power supply. 600-650 watts will power (2) 4850 video cards and still have a little headroom. And get a good reputable brand name for reliability ( Corsair, Antec, OCZ, Enermax).

I see that alot of cases come with power supply in them.Do you know of a good mid sized case with a good power supply.Also the motherboard, is that capable of handling a phenom CPU chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom