ASUS M60J-A1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nneuromancer

Solid State Member
(First part mostly venting)
I bought this in November I had it for about 3 weeks then starting running very slow. I checked the ram and it was only reading 2 gigs not 4gigs. The bios also shows 2 gigs. so I called tech support and they wanted me to Restore the hard drive, so I asked them if I took out the hard drive so the bios would not see it and still read 2 gigs would that help. they then told me that I needed to flash the bios... so that ****ed me off even more and asked them that why where they not testing there products and everyone had to flash the bios??? So then, they went to get higher tech support and would get back with me with in 24 -48 hours. In addition, in the mean time I could go to there web site to down load how to flash.
(Vent done thanks for reading that part :p)

So there is only one support tech shop for my state and happened to be only 30 min drive for me so I took it there. They replaced the ram then the motherboard then the hard drive then the ram again. Then replaced the laptop. That new one failed the test before I got it. So then, they found that there was a recall on the Intel i7 due to something to do with how it handled the video. I could not find such recall. They then sent a new one again still had the problem. and yesterday they sent a 3rd brand new one and still had issues as it was the same model and you can't buy it anywhere so there is defiantly something going on with it.

So has anyone have any information on this, I used to love asus to include there laptops as this was third one (two I have gotten for work and are great, and this one is my own) I do not know why they are shipping the replacements by ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom