Should I do the i7 Build?? Need true advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol the ssd i posted was a joke...that is a **** of a lot of money for a single drive lol. If you were rich i would say get 10 of t hose, but nah man, get a decent one like the one posted above me.

Yeah, I'll at least be waiting till the i9's come out to see what happens with the i7 prices and then go from there.

How does an SSD work regarding programs? Do all of your program files need to go on the SSD? I've never been big in the "hard drive" area of hardware nor how programs install ... I just know I would put them in C:/Program Files or C:/Program Files(x86)

^for a program or the os to see speed increases it would have to be instaleld onto the ssd yes.

Ah. . . So if I had say my OS and 2 or 3 primary games on the SSD, a 30GB would do the job just fine, yes?

Then install all the other programs like Adobe, rarely played games ...etc on the Slave.

I have always got my rebates back from OCZ, without a problem...they took awhile...but I always received my money.......when that being said, personally I would never pay that amount for a hard drive.....yikes....you could get another darn good video card :tongue:

I have always got my rebates back from OCZ, without a problem...thet took awhile...but I always received my money.......when that being said, personally I would never pay that amount for a hard drive.....yikes....you could get another darn good video card :tongue:

That's weird...maybe it's just with their SSD's because I've read nothing but horror stories as far as the rebates go on them with OCZ.

I hear you on in the cost of the SSD's...I will wait for Q3-4 this year, 25nm SSD is supposed to come and that should drop prices of the ones currently on the market at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom