New graphic card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad...I was thinking 4890.......still most people would take the 5770....but I would personally take the 4890........I agree 5770 over 4870

So you guys say 5770? Anywas - is it going to fit it? Again my build

MB: Asus M2N-E - nForce 570 Ultra
PROC: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
RAM: Kingston DIMM 2048MB DDR II 800MHz
GC: HIS Excalibur X1950Pro IceQ3 512MB
PSU: LC Power 450 W

And final question - is there any other card for same amounth of price like 5770 but better?

UPDATE: Buying 5770 + Seasonic 500W, so should be ok. :)

5770 will work on your mobo just fine, not sure what the power specs are for that card....make sure you have enough amps on the 12 volt rail of your power supply to run the card.

If you buy the card at newegg it should tell you what you need to run the card under the specs of the card....same with power supply.

Hi there,
it's me again...bothering. :p
I installed new graphics card and power supply and everything is running smooth (except BF BC2, which is prolly 'caused it's BETA), anyways first problem was booting. When I started first it was taking longer than normal so I rebooted, but when I was starting up the pc again it wrote "previous system boot failed". Ok, ok could be 'cause of the bad reboot (happened one more time that day), anyways I can press F1 and continue. That's not a big deal.
Another weird thing is Catalys control center is showing 0° and when I try "canyourunit.com" it shows I have pixel shaders 3 (I should have 5).
And the biggest one, when my case is opened everything is silent and ok, but when I close it it sounds like...hmmm...like some fans are just increasing and decreasing their speed randomly. Hard to describe. It sounds a bit like HDD sound when working (I'm sure it's not). I'll try to record it somehow when I get myself of work today.

Anyone knows what's the problem is?
Thanks for help.

**** of a hard choice 4870 seems more powerful than 5770, but 5770 has DX11, and pixel shaders 5, which is good for future I guess.
But as I said 4780 seems better to me + my father-in-law has it, so I have oportuinity to get my PC there and test it.

So it's up to you guys (hehe), which one is better?
PLEASE help. :)

P.S. My power supply has 450W.
On top of having DirectX 11 support, the 5770 uses less power.
*edit*
Hi there,
it's me again...bothering. :p
I installed new graphics card and power supply and everything is running smooth (except BF BC2, which is prolly 'caused it's BETA), anyways first problem was booting. When I started first it was taking longer than normal so I rebooted, but when I was starting up the pc again it wrote "previous system boot failed". Ok, ok could be 'cause of the bad reboot (happened one more time that day), anyways I can press F1 and continue. That's not a big deal.
sounds like the CMOS became corrupted.
Which could be from a bad battery, or from a bad reboot.

Another weird thing is Catalys control center is showing 0° and when I try "canyourunit.com" it shows I have pixel shaders 3 (I should have 5).
They'll just need to be updated.

And the biggest one, when my case is opened everything is silent and ok, but when I close it it sounds like...hmmm...like some fans are just increasing and decreasing their speed randomly. Hard to describe. It sounds a bit like HDD sound when working (I'm sure it's not). I'll try to record it somehow when I get myself of work today.

Anyone knows what's the problem is?
Thanks for help.
That's normal; the fans increase in speed when the heat level rises.

Yes, the video card fan speed will go up on its own , when needed.

Did you uninstall your old drivers before installing the new ones?

If not uninstall all of your video card drivers.....reboot and run driver sweeper and get rid of any left over driver files.....then reinstall your new video card driver.

Make sure your power supply is plugged into your video card using the 6 or 8 pin connectors, which ever your card takes.

I am not sure about Catalyst Control Center....its been awhile since I have used that.

Ok, cleared ATI drivers with driver sweeper, installed actual ones and now Catalys control center not even start on start up. Happed to me even with previous card. Anyways, can you run it shows still pixel shader 3, but 1GB of memory (it showed before too, btw).
But I guess drivers are ok, since I can play normally. Weird is the pixel shader thing. Can't it be problem with "canyourunit.com"? Is there any program that shows me my pixel shader's version?

And the other problem. Not everytime, but like every second time when I start/ reboot PC I got message:
*****Warning: System BOOT fail*****
Your system last boot fail or POST interrupted.
Please enter setup to load default and reboot again.
Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter setup.

Of course when I set my BIOS on default nothing changes, I even tried to set other priorities for booting. Nothing works. Isn't there a possibilty that I have old bios, which can't detect my new graphic card?

The sound is still the same, but nothing bad is happening so I guess it's okay.

Thanks for help and further help, foks. :)

What's up guys.
I'm back bothering again.
So I got the 5770 for some time and it's a huge improvement.
Anyways it's not perfect, so I decided to go for new MB and processor as soon as possible.
Since I started playing games again (L4D 2 + BF BC2) I'll spend some money on that, so especially those games would run perfect.

The question is - what would you recommend? I'm totally lost with those newest MB and processors, so...kinda need your help...again. xD

Guess maximum price (for MB + processor) is $555. But I know you guys, you'll find way cheaper components.

P.S. Oh I realized I'll need new RAMs. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom