How much change can a new motherboard & cpu make to a problematic system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your answer joelm3103,

Firstly I have all the BIOS settings for my previous mobo written down...Yet the new mobo's BIOS is a bit different, and, also some things are not recommended; i.e. I had made the DRAM voltage 1.8V on the previous BIOS yet on this one it recommends me not to make it that high and warns me that I can damage the memory etc etc...So I'm worried, I'm looking for specific BIOS adjustments on this MOBO and someone who knows what is dangerous and what is not, because I don't...

Regarding the BIOS being up-to-date: I can't even get to the windows desktop... I have not had a chance at all to update my BIOS...

Let me know if you have any idea;)

If your ram is rated at 1.8v then you should set it to 1.8v. Its not gonna damage it if thats what the ram needs. Does your ram say its rated at 1.8v?!

Thanks for the reply...Yeah I just checked with Corsair, it says its rated at 1.80V
Let me try to make the settings that I had on my previous mobo and see what happens. will let you know.

EDIT: I just managed to get to desktop with a 1333MHz Frequency and 1.80V supply to DRAM with timings of 9-9-9-24. I tried the same with 1600MHz but it didn't work. Anyone have any idea why? Would love to see this working @ 1600MHz. Thanks!

Do you have a FSB voltage? It maybe called NB voltage or cpu vtt voltage. If so try raising it a little.

Do you have a FSB voltage? It maybe called NB voltage or cpu vtt voltage. If so try raising it a little.

Thanks for your reply Slaymate; I think I have a choice like that. But its on AUTO atm. I'm not sure what would be a sensible value to raise it up to. Do you think if I raise the NB Voltage I can use the ram @ 1600MHz?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom