Christening the new rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly looks awesome, and a lot of people love it. More immersion, that's what I'm talkin about :D:D I will have it next week...hope it's everything I dreamed of and more :)

Does look immense! Make sure you let me know how it isand whether its worth starving!

Haha. You can bet that I will make a thread once all new equipment arrives. Getting everything on the plane safely for the trip back from Florida is the only potential obstacle I am facing right now..

Well, if you've got a 5850 or 5870, Crysis is really the only option.

Certainly looks awesome, and a lot of people love it. More immersion, that's what I'm talkin about :D:D I will have it next week...hope it's everything I dreamed of and more :)

Just been doing a little reading, dude can you tell me exactly what you got? My understanding is either two monitors DVI and one displayport compatible or three DVI and an active display port to DVI adaptor (Sapphire Active DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter [44000-00-40R] Graphics and Video ATI HD 5900 Series)

Im also not sure whether its worth buying all the bits without having a more powerful card considering the resolutions are so huge!

Yeah you've got the right idea. I got a 5870, 3x 23" monitors, and a Dell active displayport adapter. The sapphire one you picked out could possibly be better as it was designed for this exact purpose. Some people have issues with the Dell ones, others don't...you have to make sure and use dual link dvi cables to get the best results.

Your 5770 will be a little week for Eyefinity true, but you can still use it on so so settings. Once they get crossfire in Eyefinity working and figured out completely, then maybe you could grab another one of them...or sell the 5770 and buy something like a 5850.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom