Can this laptop run NFS Most Wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the thing is this. You played it but as you said the GFX are choppy. You have to remember that Vista itself is already more hard on GFX cards than XP. Add into that your playing on a laptop which has limited GFX capabilities in the first place.

So yeah while the game may play, there may be no chance to ever get it running great due to the fact that your using Vista and already beating down the GFX card. Also add into that you have to make sure you have the DX9 Runtimes installed since DX10 isnt backward compatible fully.

So there is much more to consider other than will it work. Yeah it might, but even on low it still may not be acceptable for them due to other factors like it running in Vista.
Yahoo___Ohh___Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1983.gif
Didn't know all that. I thought the 'choppiness' of the game was due to my crappy GFX card and just the fact it's a laptop I'm playing it on lol. Got DirectX 9 here, on low settings it used to run smooth, except for parts of heavy turning or when my lappy gets heated :(.

Well think about it. XP never had anything like Aero. So right there running Aero to get the fancy transparency is already stressing enough on integrated video cards. Which is why so few actually supported Aero when Vista was released.

So really you should use Vista Basic or another theme without Aero before you load some games to help reduce the strain on the GFX card.

With doing that you maybe able to actually run the game with decent FPS and not get issues.

Well think about it. XP never had anything like Aero. So right there running Aero to get the fancy transparency is already stressing enough on integrated video cards. Which is why so few actually supported Aero when Vista was released.

So really you should use Vista Basic or another theme without Aero before you load some games to help reduce the strain on the GFX card.

With doing that you maybe able to actually run the game with decent FPS and not get issues.
Don't have the game installed at the moment, but next time I'm going to play a game, I'll keep that in mind. Also isn't that what GameBooster does? Disabling the Aero skin and some other stuff as well.

You can easily take off Aero. I only ever did it in Win 7, though. Saved me about an extra 30 minutes on my Eee netbook.

Wouldnt know. never used it. XD
Lol well to my knowing, it disables the Aero skin, some services and other "non-necessary" components; same thing as TuneUp Utitlies Turbo Mode does. But guessing it's because I overheat and I lag a bit, that my game moves choppy (like for Combat Arms). Overall I just don't use the features and just play the game without disabling anything. Too much stress at the moment lol, just waiting to build a good gaming rig then I'll sort :D.

Tuneup Utilities Turbo Mode

Game Booster | Faster Play, Free Download | Free Game Accelerator Download

Yes you can easily take off Aero. But it is something that most people dont realize should be done with older systems running Vista and trying to game. ;)

I have no need for it to be honest. All of my games for the PC are so old and they ran fine on my Dell Dimension 8400 that i know this system will rock them if i ever tried em. So for me it wouldnt be worth it to try it out as my newest game for the PC is halo 2. XD

Yes you can easily take off Aero. But it is something that most people dont realize should be done with older systems running Vista and trying to game. ;)

I have no need for it to be honest. All of my games for the PC are so old and they ran fine on my Dell Dimension 8400 that i know this system will rock them if i ever tried em. So for me it wouldnt be worth it to try it out as my newest game for the PC is halo 2. XD
True, I turned it on when I first got this laptop lol...I like the transparency thing :p. Can't wait to build a good gaming PC...after exams and stuff though
Sad_by_nulltarget.gif

I think Most Wanted would run on Vista, I already have Undercover running on my laptop, although as I already said, it shifts from laggy one moment to wonderfully playable the next, so I considered taking the older and less graphic intensive game (Most Wanted) which would possibly be more playable. I'm looking for a copy now. LOL.

EDIT: I tried the suggestion to turn off aero, it did not work. It still hangs. I think I see a probable cause to the problem. You see I bought this laptop second hand, and I was actually surprised to see it running a 32-bit Vista OS when the proc is 64-bit. Apparently the former owner installed a fake Vista OS (I had a counterfeit warning a while ago) which was not exactly appropriate to the machine. Could this be causing the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom