Last Question (I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seawolf

Baseband Member
OK, computer is assembled and everything is up and running. So I go to hook up the last thing that needs to be hooked up, my 1tb hard drive. I am running my two hard drives independent from each other (i.e. no raid). When I go into my computer I see my C drive and my optical drive but not the 1tb drive. If I plug in something like a flash drive it shows up right away under devices with removable storage but not the 1 tb drive. If I look under devices and printers I see the 1 tb hard drive. I've never used two hard drives before so I'm wondering why I don't see it appear in my computer. Also, if it's this much trouble finding it how am I going to install and back things up to it?

€You need to format the drive most likely.

Goto Control Panel\Administrative Tools and hit Computer Management.

In it you'll see your drive and should be able to format there.

****.. Ninja'd by ther Swede

It seems to be showing up in "Computer Management".
It says;

Disk 1 Unknown 931.59 GB
Not Initialized
Then to the right of that;
931.59 GB
Unallocated

I've tried left and right clicking on it but can't seem to get anywhere with it.
So how would I go about activating or formatting it?

EDIT.....

OK, I see now where it's telling me I have to initialize it before disk manager can access it.

Should I use MBR or GPT???

rt click on disk 1 not unallocated space and you should have the option to initialize. Then you can format.

What OS?

mbr since you will not have a partition over 2tb and you will have more os compatibility in case you ever stick it in another computer running xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom