Q9400 needs f6 Bios update, but it won't execute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't tried the jumpers yet, I've taken the processor in and out about 50 times since last night. But my keyboard is usb, but I have a ps2 also

Shouldn't taking out the battery clear the bios?

No. The power from the capacitors can still be left. Also to do the battery method, its recommended to remove for about 15- 30 minutes, and cycle the power button.

But yes, just removing the battery can do it, just not always guaranteed

Jumpers definitely will reset the cmos.

It will not let me enter the bios at all at the splash screen. When I press <delete> it freezes at the splash screen. I tried pressing <end> for Q-Flash and that opened, but when I open one of the USB devices, it freezes. I'm furious.

Hey, does resetting the CMOS mean that although I updated my bios to
f6, it will get reset because of the CMOS?

Oksy, I reset the CMOS and a gray screen comes up saying "POST error occurs!"

and at the top of the screen is says CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded.

at the bottom it gives the choices to press delete for setup or f1 to continue to boot. any ideas?

I'm on a seperate PC right now so anything you guys tell me to do I will do it right away, Im jsut letting it stay on this menu.

resetting the bios will change all of the bios settings to their default values. If you can't find the jumper you can remove the power cord from the wall and then remove the battery for a few minutes.

I did that, and then I put the Q9400 in and on boot up it gives me this gray screen I mentioned in my last post, my question is what should I do from this point?

Press Delete to enter setup. Double check all the settings. You have a faulty setting. It's more than likely a CPU or Memory setting error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom