Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALIENWARE

• SAMSUNG

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam is a platform yes, but at the same time they are also known for not having the most demanding games. Now that they are starting to get more and more places to join up with them they have more power house games, but at the same time we are not talking Crysis level games here. The largest one i see is Fallout 3. Maybe i am missing something and there are some more demanding games now on Steam, but most people think of Half-Life, Portal and Counter-Strike when it comes to Steam. Not DragonAge or Fallout. They would use those by names.

Matt we can NOT help and give models until you give us information. what games? you stated before that your friends cant connect with any service to follow your gaming. So what games are you looking to play? What Price are you willing to pay? Have you even bothered to look for yourself and find a model or 2 that looks good? We cant do everything for you. We can only advise you.

ASUS makes amazing gaming laptops.

Ive had mine since march of 2009 and it still runs every game very smooth. Laptops can be used for gaming, you just need to purchase the right one. And no Alienware isnt that great, ASUS gaming laptops have the same hardware for half the price.

Asus - Laptop with Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor - Blue/Black - G60VX-RBBX05

That is freakin cheap for a laptop that wont stutter, even on crysis.

Graphics performance is on par with a 9800GTX....very good for a portable machine. The whole argument that laptops arent good for gaming just doesnt hold true anymore.

And mine is similar with the same gpu, and Left 4 Dead 2 runs maxed on everything smooth as butter at full screen res.

Any gaming laptop will make a lot of heat as it is being used much more. The more you make a CPU in a laptop work, the more heat it will produce. As there is a very limited space in there and only so much that can be done as far as heat sinks, fans and such.

So even if you got a Dell to game on, it would produce massive amounts of heat. With that being said, you shouldnt use the laptop flat on any surface while gaming. If at all possible use a laptop cooling pad to help keep it cool.

Playing games on your bed or with the laptop on a couch will cause the hit to gather and sit there. Which will cause you more problems in the long run as the heat cant go anywhere, causing your system to get hotter and hotter. In the end you could actually do more damage to the laptop in this way.

My laptop has never overheated, even on the bed.

The cooling system is made for it, heck it even has a filter on the bottom. Ive gamed for hours, temps never went past 80C on the gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom