loading SNOWLEOPARD image..

Status
Not open for further replies.

devanino

Solid State Member
Hello i hope somebody can help me here.

I have a macbook and the os needs to be re-installed.
my buddy gave me a SNOWLEOPARD.DMG file (5.4gb)

what i want to do is BURN the (.DMG) image file to a new hard drive I bought for the macbook, using my hard drive ENCLOSURE

i also want to format it ready for the MACBOOK to read the harddrive with the .DMG image on it.
HOW can i Do this using Windows XP.

is there a .DMG burning program that burns .dmg to a partition??

am i making any sense?

Ur answer did not help, but thanks for trying.

I do not have the install disk, or why would I be doing this??

I know how to install snow leopard, im trying to burn the DMG file to the new hard drive?

read the question again and come back to be with a relevant answer..

I've personally never heard of burning a .dmg to a partition. You cannot install OS X without the disc or a virtual disc mounter (And even then, OS X checks the installation disc and makes sure it's in a physical drive)

Your reply to 35g700 came off as a bit rude, which is definitely not a way to get the help of members around this forum.

Also, I'm sure this .dmg would be illegal, so please, read the forum rules and try again.

The reason why I posted what I did is because it sounds like what you are trying to do may be illegal. And we don't do illegal things on this forum.

What OS did your MacBook ship with? If it was purchased before September 2009, it came with OS X 10.5 Leopard, using an OS X 10.6 Snow Leoplard disk that your friend burnt for you is pirating which is illegal.

And by the way, you don't ever burn files to hard drives, you write files to them.

how can it be illegal if i purchased my macbook, and the OS failed. i lost my disk, so my friend recomended i install his os from his image file, whats wrong with that.

i think it would be illegal if i actually stole the macbook.
and using the disk to get the os, thats pirating.

p.s. sorry for being a bit rude, i just thought i had an easy question

Getting a copy from your friend is still pirating.

Did you Call up apple? They could easily send you a disk, I would think..

Here is the plain and simple answer.

Windows does not recognize nor can it use .dmg files at all. So there is nothing you can do with the file using Windows XP that will "burn" it to your hard drive.

Using a borrowed image is pirating. It is against the law and against our rules to support such things. Contact Apple or your local Mac Geek or what ever they are called for proper support and advice on how to get OS X reloaded onto your macbook.

Being rude about not getting the answer you want doesnt help anyone. Since this topic contains things that are against our rules, Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom