Q9400 needs f6 Bios update, but it won't execute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ASUS P5E board never had that, I had to do it from a pen drive. I just assumed all of them worked that way. But, I guess that is only one way to do it nowdays.

Wow, so lame. I did the bios update. Worked fine. Popped the new processor in, and same thing, goes to the dark blue screen when the little vista loading bar at the bottom of the screen should pop up, and it jsut stays a blank navy blue screen. So after that I tried taking out the mobo battery to reset my CMOS and it just freezes at random points, sometimes the navy blue screen or sometimes the bios menu. I'm really ****ed off.

It sounds like it's just not correctly recognizing everything. If you can get into the bios check the cpu multiplier and FSB, then check the memory speed and latencies, then check for the correct voltages.

And what if I can't get into the bios? It's really touchy, sometimes it'll let me, sometimes it'll freeze on the bios menu screen.

You'll just have to check the bios settings as fast as you can, it may take you a few tries. When you find a faultly setting correct it then save and exit, restart and look for anything else that's not set correctly. While your at it, I'm wondering what your temps are like while your in the bios.

It's sorta strange, my keyboard will sometimes work when it gives me the option to press delete to bios, but most of the time my keyboard won't work. I'm baffled. I've been troubleshooting for literally about 10 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom