Soooo.. time for a rebuild!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look around on XS, I guarantee to you that a good portion of the community over there will agree with me when I say that the Xeon's typically OC better than retail chips.

No one would take the time to write and article comparing the two because they target two different groups of the market, and the differences between the two are minimal.

In an ideal world the Xeon W3520 would always be a slightly better cpu. And to a large extent they are. But in this wild world we live in that's just not always the case. The quality of the cpu is often just the result of what model is needed during the manufacturing process. If they need i7 920's and all the chips are i7 975 quality guess what your gonna get, of course this also applies to the Xeon.

If I'm building a PC and the extra $20-$30 is in the budget then I would buy the Xeon W3520 :D

After seeing those OC's I think I'm staying with the i7.. it's not that much of a difference, and I'm sticking with air cooling, so it's not like I can go much higher than 4 anyway :tongue:

Just look around on XS, I guarantee to you that a good portion of the community over there will agree with me when I say that the Xeon's typically OC better than retail chips.

No one would take the time to write and article comparing the two because they target two different groups of the market, and the differences between the two are minimal.

and that is why there is basically no difference between them, and unless your a really good ocer, i doubt you would be able to oc either more then the other (obviously exception for variances in the chips, you could end up getting a really good i7, etc)

oh boy :tongue:

I'm sticking with the i7, sorry Burn :) If I was getting a higher end motherboard and some better RAM I would consider the W3520, but I don't have that kind of budget.

It's like I'm going to kill myself if you don't get one... it's your money, not mine. You can do what you want with it.

Decide on a case yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom