Q9400 needs f6 Bios update, but it won't execute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And... Hes already said the windows way didn't work.

He either needs to either re download the BIOS, as it was a possible corrupt download, or run it a different way that doesn't use the corrupt program.

I gave the other way. And frankly, after the progam has had an issue, I wouldn't try to update my bios that way.

Ok, well page 62 says that the flash needs to use FAT32/16/12 file system?

And do I go to the boot menu or Q-Flash? I need an ultimatum lol

All your pen drives are fat32.

paton, I NEVER updated bios from windows, he needs to put those files on a pen drive, restart, boot from the pen drive, and run the thing.

When I boot up then, should I go to Qflash or the boot menu? Sorry but you both are disagreeing and I repsect both of your opinions/ideas. I just need the best choice. And what should my flash drive be named as when I see it in the bios

it doesnt matter what you call the pen drive, as long as it can be booted from, as most current boards can.

It will run it automatically.

Download the bios update and extract all the files to a location/folder on a flash drive that you'll remember.

Leave the flash drive in the usb port and restart your PC. As soon as it starts to post, you'll hear a single beep, tap the <End> key. This should bring up the Q-Flash menu.

Navigate to the location on your flash drive that you saved the extracted files to and highlight the bios file. Press <Enter>.

A message should pop-up asking you if your ready to flash your bios. Press <Enter>

Do not turn the PC off until the Flashing is complete, When the Flashing is complete you will get a message telling you it is complete.

You will need to re-adjust any settings you previously changed.

Do as Slay says. This way will get you updated without using the windows gui program that didn't work right.

Thanks slay.

For the record, your first method should have worked, and I usually do my BIOS updates that way too.

Hmm, Gigabyte includes a flashing program on their drivers DVD that all you have to do is install the program, download latest bios, run program, tell it where to look and it does all of the updating through windows. Works fine for me every time. I've flashed the BIOS quite a few times like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom