Cooling For GTX 260 SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
My video cards get to about 79C on full load at tiimes running Crysis.

I know that that temp is OK.....I would like to bring them down just alittle ....without spending alot of cash for new heatsinks for the cards.

I have 1 120mm intake in front......1 120mm exhaust in rear.....i 80 mm exhaust on top

any suggestions on what to do with another fan...I have a full tower case.......I have roon on side panel for a fan that would be right by the video cards......should I blow some air on them with a fan or exhaust some hot air away from then with a fan.......what do you suggest ......It will accomodate an 80 mm fan

Add the fan to blow on the cards. I would also mod the side panel so it would accomodate a 120mm fan instead of an 80mm :D

My GTX260core216sc gets up to ~80 degrees all the time on full load. Its clocked at 626/1053.

One little program that is an absolute must for all nvidia card owners IMO is Evga Precision. It works on any nvidia card. You can adjust your gpu fan/clock speeds with it. You can set up different profile with different fan speeds. Like when i play a really taxing game like Crysis i use my 100% fan profile, and when i play like L4D2 i use my 74% fan speed profile. Best thing about evga precision is it is completely free.

The best way is to get the air into the intake end of the card as cleanly as possible. Clearing all cables out of the way can do wonders.

You can also manually set the fans to about 55% and that too should lower things.

Teehee "space Traveller"

Your logic is very different from my earth logic. Tell me space traveler, what planet are you from?

I would get a fan with an adjustable fan controller. Do you want a LED fan or not?

No....no fancy Led's....I really dont have a place for a fan controller as all my pci slots and such are filled up as I have a fan controller on my cross flow fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom