Soooo.. time for a rebuild!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to look around a little more... Right now I'm sticking with the i7 and the ASUS motherboard I have now. I'm cutting my budget close right now, too. We'll see. I'll read up a little more on the Xeon processor this weekend and order some time next week.

If your shopping for a case just don't think anymore and get the 800D. I have it and it is easily the best case i have owned.

I like it.. but it's a lot of money.. But I'm considering it again because I saw this case and really liked it:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Cosmos Pure Black Aluminum / SGCC ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
It's $249.99 + tax.. and I loooove how it looks.. the 800D is just too plain :tongue:
But the wire routing is so much better (looking) than anything I've ever seen...

I'll have it figured out by next week, I hope :)

have you looked at the k62?
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

YouTube - Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 Product Showcase

I'm at 4.1 right now (4.2 didn't like F@H) but I've been as high as 4.5ghz (not stable at all lol)

Getting 4.2 out of a W3520 will be a piece of cake... and the Megahalems don't need a lapping as bad as the TRUE's do... just get some good fans in push/pull and you are set

lol no....it will not be a peice of cake, getting a 4.2 stable, without lapping, and no water cooling will be rather difficult. You cant just add fans and hope things will be ok. BTW, you have water cooling, not a heatsink, so why would he want to know what you can get stable....

IF you are lucky you could get a good chip that you work on to get to around 4.0....4.2, 4.0 should not be too hard, but 4.2 will be. My temps are about mid 60's folding, high 50's gaming. A little hot, but i have it over volted right now beause i was trying to get folding working.

luke you do realize pretty much EVERY w3520 is binned with better silicone than retail 920's right? and they run cooler?

i said with a w3520 it will be cake, not a retail 920 chip.

^i would like to see some sources please...thank you, comparisons of oc's, etc.... can't just throw that out there. I will believe you when i have those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom