first time overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lrr

Baseband Member
i want to overclock my comp but i havent the faintist idea where to start

SPECS:
amd athlon xp64 +3200 clawhamer core (754)
msi k8t-neo fs2r
512mb pc3200 kingmax ram
ATi radon 9600xt 8xAPG
sparkle power 350w power supply
samsung spinpoint 160gb 8mb cache hd
stock fan/heatsink-2 case fans

the fan that came with the chip seems to be doing a goodenough job
(except in minnesota summers oy the humidity)
i run 32-33 idle and 35-40 load; the whole thing runs cool.

did you check out the "basics to overclock" at the top of this section? It's a sticky. I use the overclocking programs that came with the mobo and the video card, but not all manufacturers will give you those.

i did read the poast at the top but i think you underestmate my knolage.

moastly in the fact that the tutoreal tells you what to do but not how to do it. i dont want to seareosly overclock i just want to bring up my render times slightly and spped up the occasonal game (wink wink)

instead of asking, how about trying? Get into your bios and look around, see what you can change in there, understand what happens. Then after you try www.google.com and reading as much as you can, and you're still having problems, then ask

Demalii said:
instead of asking, how about trying? Get into your bios and look around, see what you can change in there, understand what happens. Then after you try www.google.com and reading as much as you can, and you're still having problems, then ask

Uh, this would not be the best idea out there. This is something that you would want to know something about, before you go in your bios and change random settings, that one would not know anything about. Maybe if you have the cash to blow when you damage your hardware.

Like i said earlier, check out my thread, "A little OC" most of your questions should be answered.

Hey thanks for quoting me as i said

"Get into your bios and look around, see what you can change in there, understand what happens.

Yay for not reading! It's in a computer users best interest to LOOK at something, and see what the possibilities are before asking. This way when someone is describing something, your mind will recall you looking at something and it will click and you will understand better. Study ethics prove that looking at something you don't understand, and then being told about it, you will retain the information easier and remember it longer.

Cheers bud =)

he said see what you CAN change, meaning what options all are available and open for him to actually be able to change, just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you HAVE to or need to ;)

i have looked around in my bios and am prity comfterble in it, but i do not know what to do to oc' and keep satability.
also on my chip my fsb is intgrated meanigng i havent the faintist?

any hoo this is my frecquency/voltage control screen in my bios

Unused PCI Clock______________Disabled
Cool'n'Quiet__________________Disabled
Spred spectrum_______________Enabled
Dynamic overclocking___________Disabled--1%,3%,5%,7%,10%
CPU FSB Clock________________200MHz--190-280
DDR voltage (v)______________Auto
CPU Voltage (v)______________Auto
AGP Voltage (v)_______________Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back