Space All Taken Up on C Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebusiness

Beta member
I'm just gonna post this here, i need a solution like a month ago i got a virus and did a system restore on my computer and it seems to have worked and restored it back to like day one when i first took it out of the box had to run the inital setup or whatever and all that to and blah blah blah anyway i all of the space on my hard drive is still taken up and i cant find the files by going to start computer Persario c and all that, there not there but it says its still there i only have like 2 gigs of space left and no external so i really need the space anyone know what i can do the help would be appreciated thanks!

thebusiness, please use proper grammar. That was a bit hard to read. Welcome to TF all the same.

A system restore does not get rid of viruses. Only Anti-Virus software does. You should have gone into safe mode and run your AV. You have a growing Virus. It steals the space on your hard drive until the OS quits.

A fresh install is in store. Back up ALL your data. Re-format your hard drive, do not pick the fast format, you need to re-write all your bits to make sure your virus is dead.

What is the make and model of the PC? From there we can try to properly restore it to factory settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom