Status
Not open for further replies.

JanuarySnow

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I have an XPS 410 Dell desktop.

4GB
Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE

This computer has been reliable since the get go. I have played many games on it with no problems.

I have played recent games on it and the graphics of the game client are choppy, bouncy, an just super annoying. I even get purple/blue dash marks on the desktop picture sometimes, and definately on the game clients.

I even tested my drivers and apparently everything is working properly according to my computer. The games show otherwise.

So why now? That is what I want to know. Do i need to update NVIDIA? I thought this was pretty up-to-date.

I did move this computer when I boxed it up to move out of an apartment. This might be crazy sounding but can the video card get loose from being knocked around a tad? :cute:

Just not sure why all of a sudden it wont play good graphics for me anymore.

Can anyone help? I appreciate it! :D

Welcome to TF! And I hate your username. ROFLMAO

That 7300 LE is a low-grade card. It will have trouble playing the latest games. Your best bet is to get a new higher-ranged card.

ya its time to upgrade.
are you regularly update all drivers at up-to-date?
what type of games you are playing?

lol! Does someone not like snow? :cute:

I am not sure about updating my drivers? Maybe I need too.

Kind of game I am playing now is similar to World of Warcraft but somewhat better graphics. My computer as of lately is even playing crappy on 2.5 games and not just on 3D games. So, it looks like your right, new video card. The movement is smooth just bouncy scenery and color is off with the purple/blue dash marks all over. Maybe I can take a picture on the game and paste it. It's kind of hard to explain lol.

Any suggestions on what kind of video card to get?

Here is a couple photos so you know what I am speaking of.

See the dash marks all over the mountains and large rock areas. Some are in the sky too...

Sometimes it will act crazy and start getting choppy and bounce around.

Dash marks on the deer
Allods_100205_143801.jpg

Dash marks on the scenery
Allods_100205_144153.jpg

Yes the card can come loose, also its A good chance that dust got kicked up an sucked in.

Definately update drivers, but also clean out the dust, then also d/l gpu-z and check temps. Higher temps can cause this action too.

Looking, you're best option will be a ati 3/4650 that doesn't require a 6 pin power. But it depends on you psu. But you're starting to throw money atg a 4 year old machine. If you can get your current card running, save up for a better upgrade later.

Thank you.

Do I have to take the tower apart for the dust? I have once before to put in 4GB.

Where can I go to update drivers?

I am thinking about getting a new laptop soon...maybe not getting a new card for this comp is the best option.

I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom