Athlon64FX system help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonidas

Daemon Poster
I am looking to build a system, yet i am having trouble finding some of the parts... i figured i might get on here and put down exactly what i want in hopes someone has a system like what i want, or an idea of where to point me (or in my dreams, a list of exactly the parts and prices)... :D
basically i want-

CPU-AMD 64bit, 2 ghz minimum(actual clockspeed)

Mobo- Dual channel memory support, onboard audio/ethernet, AMD 64bit supported processor, 2 gig total (atleast) possible memory, overclockable bios support, atleast 4 pci, no pci express necessary.

RAM- dual channel preffered, 1 gig minimum

graphics card- ATI radeon 9800 pro, or x800 possibly

display- no monitor needed

Case- style unnecessary, preferrable front usb ports, easily openable.

sorry to ask for so much, but i was just wondering if i could get any help... its quite hard to navigate all the mobos and cases, and cpus out there to get what i want... :confused:

sorry i don't have time to search for the components but these are my suggestions:

get corsair XMS memory and get a Nvidia 6800 instead of the ATI (esspecially for gaming). Get an Abit motherboard (good for overclocking, very stable).

thanks for the suggestions, i dont really want anyone to search down all the components, i just want mostly to have a board to support dualchannel memory, 64bit processor, and have onboard audio and ethernet... oh well im searching as of now anyways... thanks again.

use newegg.com for buying the parts the have a great slection and are very good with there shipng and prices

dont forget a bigger hard drive then you hink you need

i would recommend buying 2 harddrives, its safer if one of them crashes
Completely agree, but if you have two drives, one for your system and the other just as a data drive, then either one crashing would be catastrophic. I got a 20gb with my OS installed on it and an 80gb for storage, if that 80 were to go out.....man...don't even want to think about it. The only way it'd be safer having two HD's is if you set up a RAID Mirrored array, I always forget if mirrored is 1 or 0 lol

I created my own "RAID1" system (with the system in my sig). Before I ran out of disk space I used to "mirror" 2 partitions all the time. All documents and setups were located at both drives. I will set it up again when I get a new HD.

thanks alot guys, ive decided to go with the abit a8v 3rd-eye, it seems reasonably priced as far as i can tell, and has shitloads of the features i want including overclocking. I havent found an AMD 64 XP3000+ for less than 185.00, but im still looking for the cheapest components...
on to other things, does anyone have any suggestions on the RAM? this mobo supports dualchannel ddr ram, should i go with a certain retailer or what? and how about really cheap grafix cards? any suggestions on where to look for that?

Thanks again, i appreciate all the feedback

ok here what i recommend:
CPU: amd 64 939 SOCKET ( DO NOT GET 754 ) they have the 3000, 3200, and 3500. others are too expensive

RAM:Corsair XMS 3200XL 2-2-2-5 latencies 270$ (Very good ram, very low latencies, reasonable price)

MOBO: Abit AV8 3rd EYE (Best mobo for 939 period)

GFX:6800NU or 6800GT if you have the extra bucks. Get 9800 pro last resort.

HD: 2 sata HDs, whatever size u want.

Case: any good full tower case, with a good PSU id say 450+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom