Can this laptop run NFS Most Wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchan05

In Runtime
The laptop is like two years old, so I am not sure. It seems to lag a bit when playing NFS Undercover, so I guess its having difficulty with that.

Toshiba Satellite P300D
AMD Turion 64X2 2.0 Ghz
3.00Gb RAM
320Gb HDD
ATI Mobilit Radeon HD 3650
Windows Vista Ultimate

Is that for most wanted? The lowest settings on Undercover makes the gameplay skip from playable to lags. Thats kinda difficult on the cornering so I though of gettings Most Wanted Instead, which an older game as we all know.

Sorry, I fail to see how something that does not work well in the lowest possible settings work better in not the lowest possible settings?

Some graphics cards can't handle things that others can or become overloaded and just fail at them all, mindover master is right turn one off at a time and see what gives you the best performance.

turn it down, do not set it to the lowest. Just turn down a few features one at a time, see what works.

Some graphics cards can't handle things that others can or become overloaded and just fail at them all, mindover master is right turn one off at a time and see what gives you the best performance.

What ^ they said. Newer games minimum settings may be of vast improvement than older games at maximum settings, just saying. Not totally sure if I'm correct here, but in addition to what they both said, seems to make some sense.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted Minimum System Requirements:
nfs-most-wanted.jpg

Supported OS: Windows 2000/XP
1.4 GHz CPU
512 MB RAM
3 GB hard disk space
DirectX 9.0c compatible 32 MB video card with one of these chipsets Radeon 7500; Radeon Xpress 200; GeForce 2 MX; Intel 950; S3 GammaChrome S18 Pro
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Seems to me your biggest hurtle wont be running on low settings, but the OS itself. So i would find out if you can even get it working in Vista first before you worry about performance.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted Minimum System Requirements:
nfs-most-wanted.jpg

Supported OS: Windows 2000/XP
1.4 GHz CPU
512 MB RAM
3 GB hard disk space
DirectX 9.0c compatible 32 MB video card with one of these chipsets Radeon 7500; Radeon Xpress 200; GeForce 2 MX; Intel 950; S3 GammaChrome S18 Pro
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Seems to me your biggest hurtle wont be running on low settings, but the OS itself. So i would find out if you can even get it working in Vista first before you worry about performance.
I would say it's compatible, already played it on this laptop at present with Vista Home Premium. Graphics ain't all that good so it moved a bit choppy, but it did work though.

Well the thing is this. You played it but as you said the GFX are choppy. You have to remember that Vista itself is already more hard on GFX cards than XP. Add into that your playing on a laptop which has limited GFX capabilities in the first place.

So yeah while the game may play, there may be no chance to ever get it running great due to the fact that your using Vista and already beating down the GFX card. Also add into that you have to make sure you have the DX9 Runtimes installed since DX10 isnt backward compatible fully.

So there is much more to consider other than will it work. Yeah it might, but even on low it still may not be acceptable for them due to other factors like it running in Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom