New computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i didn't pick up on that one, looks like the new bios update adds the clarkdale support. I would rather keep the p55 if i were you since its a better board, and if you want we can help you through the bios update, its really not that hard. theres a pdf next to the bios update on the biostar site below that shows you how to update it through windows which is very easy
BIOSTAR :: TP55 :: BIOS
all you need to do is download the update file there and the software to update, and follow those steps.

baron, wouldn't he need a working cpu to be able to update the bios? i would think it'd be hard to get a hold of a socket 1156 cpu.

Yeah I got the new board. I will actually be waiting a day to set it up again because my power supply seems to only have one 6-pin cable so i might have to be switching to a new power supply. I tried to check for an adaptor but i dont have enough extra cables for the adaptor. I visited Frys today and I have to say, most of them are absolutely clueless, except for one guy who realized that my motherboard didnt support the clarkdale. Thank goodness for him.

Alright so I got everything working. When I was installing my operating system, it told me to remove the disk and restart. I remove the disk and now when it goes to the start=up screen, it says missing operating system. What do I do now?

what stop error code are you getting on your bsod?

fresh install on a newly formatted drive?

installed newest drivers for your board?

It is a fresh install on a new harddrive. I dont know how to install the latest drivers without my OS running, and I dont know what error it was I forgot =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom