When OC the cpu does it always show faster speed in windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no AMD expert. I like Hardware Monitor better but I'm not sure if it's AMD compatible. But I was positive Core Temp would work :D

Once again, I'm no AMD expert, but I'm seeing 67C as the max. temperature reached. That sounds like it's running hot already.

I would go with one of these but it costs a little more than the Arctic Freezer.
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
I think the heatsink comes with Thermal Paste but it never hurts to have some extra for future maintenance. This paste is better than Arctic Silver 5 and it's cheaper.
Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

Finally someone that agrees with me about TX-2!!! I thought I was alone there for a while.

The Arctic Freezer is not bad, but the XIGMATEC 120mm Rifle is probably marginally better, so if you can afford it I would also recommend it. 67c is pretty high and I would recommend against any overclocking untill you upgrade that cooler.

You should touch the heatsink with your hand. Is it hot to the touch? If it's NOT hot to the touch, then it is probably installed incorrectly, or not making very good contact with the processor.

Ok, took everything apart and cleaned it, and put new thermal paste on, I think it was to much paste on it before so it didn't have a good contact, heres my new reading.

Attachments

• reading.jpg
    reading.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 66
That is much better. 60c is a little high, but if that's @ load then it's not so bad.
I still recommend waiting until you upgrade that cooler before you overclock, but 60c load isn't absolutely horrible.

Well I wish you the best of luck, but next time remember to edit your previous posts. I have noticed alot of people double and triple posting lately, and it's not only displeasing to the eyes, but it's also a waste of space.

Alrighty, I got the new fan installed. This thing is HUGE!!!! and I also got that tx-2 paste as well. Heres my new run down. Whats next doctor? P.S. I would of thought it would be running cooler, or is it just me? But I did lose my side fan :*( it would not fit in there with the new cooler, but Im going to relocate it soon.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 50
To get temps down, you could lap the heatsink so it sits flush with the CPU. That would help you even further. Lapping your CPU would be the next option if all your fans have been replaced with ones that push more air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom