Core 2 Duo Vs Dual Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what your saying is that I cannot fit the CPU I was enquiring about? The CPU's in that list that Muffin posted aren't really worth spending money on cause they aren't much faster are they? Also can you tell me exactly what it is that wont allow the cpu to work on my current mobo, and what would happen if I tried to fit it?

the one you are looking at is a 45nm CPU, the board you have is for 65nm CPU's... this is referring to the size of the cpu. they are different physical sizes. It'd be akin to trying to get floppy cable to fit into an IDE slot, yet it's smaller, no it won't work, won't connect.

I thought though that the socket 775 was the correct size and all 775 CPU's would fit all 775 mobo's

And where doyou find out the size of the cpu the mobo will take?

the one you are looking at is a 45nm CPU, the board you have is for 65nm CPU's... this is referring to the size of the cpu. they are different physical sizes. It'd be akin to trying to get floppy cable to fit into an IDE slot, yet it's smaller, no it won't work, won't connect.

I don't think the actual chip package is any different size.

It will fit, it's just that the motherboard does not support that newer than before technology. You can not use it.

Well, as you found, it'll do c2d 65nm 1066mhz fsb chips. Which is 775.

The cpu will fit in to thed board, but the BIOS doesn't know how to talk to it.

Like diesel into a gas motor... It'll go in just fined.. but it won't run.

Well, as you found, it'll do c2d 65nm 1066mhz fsb chips. Which is 775.

The cpu will fit in to thed board, but the BIOS doesn't know how to talk to it.

Like diesel into a gas motor... It'll go in just fined.. but it won't run.

Could I upgrade the BIOS to make it work or is that either not possible or way to difficult?

I have just done a search on the Fosconn website and it says that the Foxconn 45GM mobo will accept the CPU, here is the page:

http://www.foxconnsupport.com/cpusupportlist.aspx?type=mb&socket=Socket 775&model=45GM&cputype=Intel

From the page that you link the two best cpus that you could use are

Intel Coreâ„¢2 Duo 2.66G Conroe E6700 1066 4M 65W

Intel Coreâ„¢2 Extreme 2.93G Conroe X6800 1066 4M 75W

If there is a newer bios then maybe you could use other cpus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom