which PSU is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What every single person here is telling you is that you don't need anything more than 500ish, at max. If you are going to only accept advice that you are giving to yourself, what is the point of posting threads asking for advice from others? But it is your choice, we are just trying to help is all.

Look: eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

With your specs:
(even with a e8600 which I don't think you have, all you said was "core 2 duo") @ 90% TDP
1x320gb HD
1x2GB ram
1xRadeon 4850
1xDVD-RW/DVD+RW
2xUSB (mouse & kb)
2x120mm fans (no idea what you have)

@ 90% System load, Recommended Minimum PSU Wattage: 240W

550w would be a good one to get if you plan on adding an additional 4850 down the road. I had more than you currently have plus 2x4850 in CF, both overclocked, with a triple core CPU overclocked, and I never came close to maximum draw. So...just sayin :)

I think more important is to check if PSU could run on max load longterm or it is only short time ability.
Next think is effeciency of the PSU ... and last but not least are electrolyts - they limit lifetime of PSU most. Good japaneese are worth it to invest in such a PSU.

I highly recommend the Corsair 550vx. It's more expensive than the 500w OCZ posted earlier but in my option the Corsair is well worth the increased cost. It will easily be enough power for your system, Zmatt has been running a overclocked Core 2 Duo and two Hd 4850s in crossfire on a 550vx for quite a while without any issues.

^ I agree..that's what I used my last system with that had dual 4850's. I use it still in my current setup, and plan to do so with a gpu upgrade this month..works like a champ!

Question ... where is Enermax PRO82+ 525W ATX2.3 in comparing of these from Slaymate?
Corsair I see on newegg for $89.99.
Mentioned Enermax is selling here Plese ignore price on page, it is 98,36€.
I see Enermax is 2.3 compatible, Corsair is 2.2. What else?
Asking cause I have this Enermax (but 425W) at home on Quad9300 with 2x1TB drives and gt8800gts-oc.

Question ... where is Enermax PRO82+ 525W ATX2.3 in comparing of these from Slaymate?
Corsair I see on newegg for $89.99.
Mentioned Enermax is selling here Plese ignore price on page, it is 98,36€.
I see Enermax is 2.3 compatible, Corsair is 2.2. What else?
Asking cause I have this Enermax (but 425W) at home on Quad9300 with 2x1TB drives and gt8800gts-oc.

Enermax is a decent brand, a lot of people swear by them. But there over-priced as far as I'm concerned. I would rate the Enermax PRO82+ 525W as #3 if the price was $40 US cheaper.

But the store your shopping at doesn't have the selection I'm use to. In your situation I would probably give the Enermax a go :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom