new mobo, new probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
after smoking an older mobo, we went and bought an Intel d865PERL mobo. After hooking everything up, with newly formatted new Seagate HD (which worked just fine before old mobo smoked), new Kingston 2700 512m RAM, everthing started booting up, got past the win2k start progress bar, then the first windows flash screen then......blue screen saying "If this is the first time you are seeing this message then restart the computer blah blah......if it isn't then remove HD and make sure the configuration is correct BLAH BLAH and so on...."

then I restarted and still the same message......what should I do? the last time this happened with another computer it seemed to work itself out after a couple restarts....not this time......now what?

You said you had a freshly formatted drive meaning you put in the motherboard and first thing you did was format the drive right? Was this on the very first startup that this error occured or had you been using win2k for a while before you got that error.

Off the top of my head I can't think of what would be causing that unless you had a bad HD, or bad HD sector or something of that nature. If you just formatted a couple days ago whenever you put in the new motherboard, then all I can say as of right now is possible another format =/ Double check for loose connections just to be on the safe side although that'd usually just make your computer not start up period or the drive isn't recognized, but couldn't hurt to snug them in.

If you didn't format your drive after you put in the new motherboard, then you definitely need to do that. If you get that error, write down the error code and go check it out in the microsoft knowledge base

first, it was a new HD formatted with the old mobo, then transferred over to the new one. second, all connections are cool. this happened on the very first and only boot up. I too am thinking I have to reformat the new HD so that it is set to the new mobo. I have had probs with transferring a HD from one computer to another but not with this error, usually it was the NTLDR missing error. I don't recall if there was an actual error code, just a long dialog of what to do which was pretty basic and uninformative.

Yeah, that's what I thought jak. You can't just take a hard drive out and swap computers...I mean you can, but generally it'll cause errors. Anytime you're switching major components a format is in order. After reading your other thread, you definitely needed to have done that switching from nvidia to ATI, even uninstalling nvidia drivers doesn't mean they are truly gone, usually need something called detonator I believe that can REALLY remove the nvidia drivers.

Basically you DO need to format. Especially with a motherboard switch you HAVE to. I mean you got different drivers and functions everywhere on the mobo and HD so an error is basically inevitable without a format. Hope all goes well :D

yes, all kinds of components&drivers like chipset, cpu, cards etc are stored in windows, sometimes windows gets crazy when seeing like 1000 chips changing, it can't handle it

here it is:

0x0000007B (0xEB81B84C, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X0000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

iF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS STOP ERROR SCREEN, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

CHECK FOR VIRUSES ON YOUR COMPUTER. REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARDDRIVES OR HARDDRIVE CONTROLLERS. CHECK YOUR HARDDRIVE TO MAKE SURE IT IS PROPERLY CONFIGURED AND TERMINTATED. RUN CHKDSK /F TO CHECK FOR HARDDRIVE CORUPTION AND THEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER.

REFER TO GETTING STARTED MANUAL FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TROUBLESHOOTING STOP ERRORS.

yup, formatting will probably fix it but i would also check the jumpers, cables. make sure the IDE cable are properly connected to the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom