Need help from someone with a gateway netbook PLZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know almost all of hte key commands. But not sure how they will translate as i dont have the keyboard in front of me.

There needs to be the key that brings up the context menu, AKA Right click.

right-click-keyboard-key.jpg

That key is mandatory to even attempt this. Is it present? If not then it cant be done no matter what.

I noticed you said "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950", that's the integrated card on the board. I'm still searching the required steps to copy your display to another monitor.

Thanks Joe,
Yeah, thats the stats from laptop, and I believe that is the correct Gfx. I really appreciate any help and thanks.
My email is pokernod [at] yahoo [dot] com it may be in my profile but Im not positive.
Thanks again guys, I hate for this young lady to get stuck with a brand new and broken Com. Shes just really poor and cant have it fixed anytime soon and needs help.

I know almost all of hte key commands. But not sure how they will translate as i dont have the keyboard in front of me.

There needs to be the key that brings up the context menu, AKA Right click.

right-click-keyboard-key.jpg

That key is mandatory to even attempt this. Is it present? If not then it cant be done no matter what.

Thanks Mak, Yeah, Or you can use ctrl+alt+delete and use file/run new task. The Windows key is there. But she can just right click the mouse pad once since its already on the desktop. I actually tried to get her to do it once because I know the commands, but not for THIS Particular Com (I was just kinda hoping that her windows xp was setup something like mine.....Nice wish). But It was actually working at first. I just got her to right click the mouse pad once to bring up the menu. I know she doesnt have anything installed that would add itself to the pop-up menu (WinRAR, CCleaner, etc.) But alas, after a few movements, the beeps started in and I knew we were somewhere we shouldnt be.
So I need someone who actually has that same "series" of computer. and knows how to use key commands to get where they need to go (everything after the initial first right click on the desktop to get to the properties menu)

Thanks again, Mak

Thanks Joe,
Its funny, It says all Windows* versions, but it doesnt do anything on my Windows XP x64 system when I press Ctrl+Alt+F12
Im still going to try it with her and see if it helps get me closer.

Thanks again.

Thanks Joe,
Its funny, It says all Windows* versions, but it doesnt do anything on my Windows XP x64 system when I press Ctrl+Alt+F12
Im still going to try it with her and see if it helps get me closer.

Thanks again.
No problem, if I stumbled upon any more information pertaining to this, I'll be sure to update you. Good luck mate :).

Edit: Re-added back to sig to see if I can help with information gathering.

fn + F6. F6 should have the external monitor icon on it. It make take several tries, tapping it once or twice at a time until you hit the right option.

fn + F6. F6 should have the external monitor icon on it. It make take several tries, tapping it once or twice at a time until you hit the right option.
Just wondering since y'all seem to know these hotkeys like the back of y'all minds lol, brands of PC/Laptop/etc always have the same hotkeys? No matter if it's a different version/model of product?

I believe all the general keys (Tab, Arrows, Page up/dn, etc) are the same. Some systems that come with keyboards may have extra functions. The menus are mainly the problems. It would be faster to get around if you could use the functions like writing a sentence, but when you add programs, things change.

I believe all the general keys (Tab, Arrows, Page up/dn, etc) are the same. Some systems that come with keyboards may have extra functions. The menus are mainly the problems. It would be faster to get around if you could use the functions like writing a sentence, but when you add programs, things change.
Ah
yes.gif
, I'll keep that in mind :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom