Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musjunk22

Daemon Poster
Dual NIC's

I don't know if this is the right forum but here.

I'm running Halo dediated server on my other comp and when people join it gets slow reaaaaaaaaaaaal fast and has a ping over 120. If I popped in another NIC will it be any faster? or Will it do nothing because it is hooked up to the same modem and router?

nothing, it's all on the same connection unless your nic has issues... you can't really run servers on slow cable modem connections..

I have 4 computers connected to the router. Would it help any if I connected some of the computers through another one to access the internet?

nope, they're all accessing the same line. You could get like.. a dsl and cable connection, then run your rigs from the dsl and run the servers from cable (cable runs better for hosting, it manages the bandwidth better)

Alright thanks. I don't think my parents will lt me get two ISP's so I guess I'll just host games with lesser amounts of players.

yea.. on a game like raven shield.. i know i could host a 8 player room and get good pings.. avg about 5kb/sec per person leaving another 5 for excess and whatnot.. but other servers with more players never worked out =p hehe, good luck though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom