New computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try clearing the cmos. Alot of times when I buy new hardware for customers the boards will just sit there and do nothing (even if they recieve power and the fans spin up) untill I clear the cmos.

There will be a jumper located on the motherboard somewhere that says "clear cmos". Switch it on for a few seconds with the jumper, and then move it back to the original position.

If that doesn't work, remove the memory except for 1 stick, remove ANY cards aside from the video card.

Does this system have an on board video card? If it does, try to boot it up with the onboard card first, and disable it in bios. Then try the other one.

That's all I could think of.

My board doesnt have onboard graphics. I dont see any VGA ports on it. The fan on my video card is spinning. My video card only has 1 DVI port on it and thats the one im using.

the cmos could be a small red button next to the SATA ports. Push it.

If you remove all of the memory sticks, does it beep at all? And like rich said, try starting your computer with just 1 stick of ram (try both) in different slots. Some motherboards are picky when it comes to this.

battery acid? doesn't sound very good.........

I tried to test it with one one stick of ram and also switched the positions of them. I am going to return the motherboard to the retailer and get a new one. I ran out of options so I gotta try this one.

By looking up the manual you could have found that the CMOS jumper is located on the bottom left of the board closer to the cmos battery. By having the shunt on the bottom two pins you will short the circuit and reset the cmos settings, like mentioned it may solved your problem. Although lets hope the mobo was faulty and you didn't waste your time replacing it because usually you don't need a cmos reset on the first setup, unless you maybe using different speeded ram modules or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom