CDRW Help, not recognizing writable media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hey all, I just recently went to burn a few files to a CD and my CDRW won't recognize CDR's or CDRW's. It's the same media I've been burning successfully with on the same drive. The drive is only a few months old. I removed the drive in device manage via Safe Mode and rebooted in normal mode to allow it to reset in case something weird was going on, but I still can't get it to recognize writable media.

My CDRW is a 52x24x52
"Generic drive" using the ATAPI CDRW CW5205 driver. Worked last week, now nothing. Any ideas???

Note: It will not detect writable media in XP via drag n' drop and burn, or through any of my CD programs such as Nero.

have you installed anything recently.Try System Restore/Reinstall Burning Software/Look for software updates that address the problem.

I may try the system restore. I'll see what other software I have installed recently. The Drive runs fine, it loads up CDs without a hitch but will NOT recognize any blank CDR or blank CDRW. The last time I used it, I remember eraseing a CDRW using NERO. I'm completely stumped. I booted my PC today and it hung at bootup, I left a blank CDR in the drive last night. Once I removed the disk, it fired right up. As for brand of drive, I have no idea, I through away the box it came in. Any ideas before I try a system restore would be appreciated.

Fixed. Set the CDRW as master and put the 52X as a slave. Ironically, I know as a fact I wrote three CD's with it setup incorrectly. Shrug. Just glad it's fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom