Modifying an inspiron 1100

Status
Not open for further replies.

madsciencecoder

Beta member
Hello, everyone. I am not very familiar with laptop configurations, but am pretty good a desktops. I was wondering if it was possible to outfit a dell inspiron 1100 with a touchscreen. If it is even possible, what type of touchscreen should I get, and what interfaces would work?

Thanks for all the help,
madScienceCoder

The inspiron 1100 does not come with a touch screen option - Dell's only touchscreen laptops are a couple of Studio laptops (I think 17s?).

The only option that I know of is to replace your screen with a touch screen add-on. I placed a link below to an example (I know nothing about this website, it was just the first one that I found).
Touchscreen Add-ons for Monitors and Notebooks

In my opinion, its not worth the couple hundred bucks that it costs, but it's your computer.

Good post glider - your only option would be an add on, which is usually a film that goes over the laptop and hooks into the USB port, then where you touch on that film on will be transmitted to software in the computer that will say 'hey he just touched the left corner'.

Thanks for the information. I was hoping to get an actual screen rather than something to go over it. The primary thing I was looking for was would my computer support a serial or usb monitor. I know that both of them require a special connector in the motherboard, but does the Inspiron 1100 motherboard have any of those connectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom