New pc build need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for $100 you won't be able to play all games in high, but a 4850 should do you fine:

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100245HDMI Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

$99+1.99 shipping.

If you want 4670 performance but with DX11 then you could pick up the 5670 but personally I would grab a 4850 instead.

A PSU to consider: Newegg.com - OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Maybe someone else has a cheaper solution for the PSU.

edit: Also, get the ASUS board that joel showed you instead of that Intel one.

the board he showed me was the one i already had any PSU is fine as long as it works so ill leave that up in the air for more suggestions.

so i guess now the only thing i really need is a graphics card. what should i be looking for in the specs? like whats the most important?

memory size?
Memory interface?
i dont even know what the stream processors are.

can someone explain what to look for or point to an adequete guide that explains it?

The 4850 I showed you would do great. The PSU I showed you did also, but open to more suggestions if you are looking to go less expensive on it or both. If not, looks like you are good to go.

maybe im just worrying about nothing but what makes the 4850 better than the 4670?

im getting the graphics card last so i should have money for either one by the time i have to order one.

im just starting the computer building thing and am trying to learn what specs are the most important and all that so i appreciate the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom