This is really strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

l245c4l

Solid State Member
Hey,

Something strange is happening with my PC. Sometimes it just restarts itself, but split second before that I can see bluescreen with some addresses 0xAA232... something. When it starts again I get message that Windows is recovered from serious error. Second problem is that the booting takes longer than previously. Well I tought it these was much related to operating system itself (virus etc) but I changed my mind after I tried to install Windows 7. I instert dvd setup is starting to load. I have this white bar etc then it display starting windows and then I get wallpaper and cursor and nothing else. I have to wait 10 minutes or so to get first window when I can change language and keyboard layout. Then I click Install now on next window and it displays message Setup is loading or something and it hangs there for another 10 minutes. It's occuring almost on every step and finally when it should start copying files it goes like from 0% to 100% just immediately and then next step is expanding files and it tooks 10 minutes again to end up with error that data cannot be copied or so. I remember same thing happened to me while I was trying to install Vista. Now I tired to troubleshot it by myself but I have no idea so far. I tohught it might be RAM or tape connecting MB and dvd drive or dvd drive itself but I plug my RAM and tape to my firends PC and he didnt have that problem occuring. I tried plug and unplug RAM into different slots. And at some time PC couldn't start. The fans were working but nothing was displayed on monitor. Not even BIOS message. Then I flipped RAM. One to first slot second to another and PC started and I got message overclocking failed. I set BIOS configuration to defaults and it finally started but this hanging problem was still out there. I never done overclocking so it was previous owner of this PC and I guess he sold me broken PC. Anyway I have no problem with browsing dvd with this Windows 7 so it's not dvd drive problem. What might be the problem? MB? CPU? Power supply?

PC configuration:
CPU - Core 2 Duo T6600 2.4 ghz
RAM - 2GB GEIL
MB - Asus P5B
Power supply - Chieftec CFT-500-A12S
Graphic card - Nvidia 8800 gtx by Asus

Sorry for long post.

I really need your help,

Paul

Ok, do me a favor, please go to start, type error, click on viewing and reliabilty history and click the red x icon for yesterday and today and post what information it is saying that way we have a good idea of what might be causing the problem.
Heck if it is a newly discovered BSOD that microsoft hasn't found a fix for you might have to wait a few days to find a fix to that problem.

Where do exactly you want me to type 'error'. Im using Windows XP SP3 at the moment and I wanted to install 7...

Oh I'm sorry I thought you were already running windows 7...
I looked your last post more carefully and it sounds like the cpu and possibly the ram might be at fault.
SInce it gave you a over clocking error, I would suspect the cpu is starting to give out.
I know it maybe impossible but do you know somebody who could loan you a cheap socket 775 processor and possibly 1 gb of ram to see if the problem might be relieved and you can install windows 7 ?

Thanks for quick reply. Unfortunately I dont know anyone with similar configuration. Everyone is using notebooks nowadays:)

Ok, well since it's a notebook, take it in to a local computer store (NOT Squeak squad) ask them to look at your notebook and describe to them what is happening with your cpu and ram.
They should be able to fix it, but you may want to bring in some money for a replacement of the CPU itself.
The ram you can do yourself, go to newegg.com and look laptop ram DDR2 667 ot DDR2 800 dimm ram.

No no no. Its PC not notebook, i just wanted to say my firends are using notebooks.

Okay. I'd go alone the lines of Mike and say either cpu or ram.. D/l memntest86 aqnd check your ram too.

Its a livecd that you burn and boot too. It'll run tests on your ram looking fdor errors.

I checked RAM already. Ive plugged it to my firends PC and it setup went with no problems. Also system was working with no problems either. And Ive plugged RAM from another PC to mine and the problem was still there. So I dont think its RAM. But really strange thing happened to me yesterday. The side of case was off and when I tried to assemble it PC turned off, lol :S When I tried to turn it on again it started to beep continuosly... Then I turned power off and after minute it started with no problems... I have enough of this :S Help!

P.S. Also if it would matter on the side of the case there is small radiator connected to power supply directly. So maybe power supply? But why? Its good one and I checked voltages in BIOS. And they were stable, only the 5V or 6V line (cant remember) was fluctuating a little but not too much and not often. For 12V it was 11.92... something

Its just a case fan, thats connected to the psu directly..

Can you remember what the Beep was.. Computers beep to tell you whats wrong.

I wonder if the motherboards shorting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom