New computer build experiencing some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSU
There is nothing about memory that could...
- shock you on the outside of the case
- blow fuses in your house.
A power supply is about the best surge-protector there is. it will absorb surges whether they try to enter or exit. There's nothing on the inside of your computer that could blow a house fuse. your PSU seems obviously shorting-out.
I never heard of Powwa. Maybe they're good quality? Even high quality companies sometimes produce a lemon late on a Friday. But my trust is in CoolMax, Cooler Master, Enemax, ThermalTake, Ultra, BFG, and a few others.

Yeah thats what I though. I tried running the system with no RAM in at all and it powered up and gave the warning beep like it does if you don't plug the RAM in, I think that kinda point the blame towards the RAM as it turned on without it.
Any thought?
Thanks

I've ordered some new RAM so I can see if this is the problem or if its not rule it out.
Thanks for the help.
I'll report back with the results.

Ok, so i've got the new RAM and it seems to have helped. Now a lot of the time it runs ok. However sometimes it still does the same as before and powers down after about a second. Could this be the power supply? And maybe the reason its better than before is the RAM was not the correct voltage but is now, however the power supply is still not quite right?
The times it doesn't start up properly it wont do anything the next time you press the power button, you have to unplug it from the mains and then it works sometimes when you try it. I think often once its worked I can turn it off and it will then turn on again ok. However if you switch it off at the wall or unplug the kettle lead from it, then next time i turn it on is when i get the problems.
Also it seems to run ok when its on, however it did crash once when running prime95, and i haven't tried it since, but i don't know if thats related.
Anyone with any ideas would be really useful.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom