Gaming Upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

edebon

Solid State Member
I recently bought Battlefield Vietnam and when I join larger servers my game lags to hell. I am running on a P4 2.4GHz, 512 RAM, and a 6800GT. Can someone please give me suggestions on what I should upgrade (I'm pretty sure it's not the graphics card) to improve my performance.

Thanks in advance.

Battlefield Vietnam doesn't have the fastest performing engine. Can you give some more detail on your system's specifications?

P4 2.4GHz
512 MB DDR
80 GB HDD 7200 RPM
6800 GT 256 MB
Audigy 2 ZS (Not sure if this matters)

If that's not enough just tell me.

maybe there isnt enough power going to the monster of a gfx card...whats your psu wattage?

Battlefield Vietnam doesn't have the fastest performing engine.

I have noticed that with every game in the Battlefield series. Anyway, I am running Battlefield Vietnam in the highest settings, and I am getting great preformance, and im using a standard stock 6800. I getting 90 and up for FPS both online, and on created games. First off, what kind of internet connection are you running? Also, when your in a laggy server online, check the ping, if your over 120 or more, your going to tend to slow down. But if your getting low pings, what I would probably recommend, not that this is the thing slowing you down but, upgrade the CPU, go with something AMD, I would recommend, if your short on cash pick up a Socket 754 Athlon 64 3000+ or 3200+, but if your the type who makes upgrades on vital parts often, get the Socket 939 chip in those series. Reason I say socket 754, is because by the time most people make a change in the CPU, they usually change the motherboard at the same time. Also, if your not strapped for cash, get another 512 stick of Ram. As Mission said, if your using a low wattage psu, you could be underpowered, even if you think a 350 Watt PSU is enough, its always good to be on the safe side and go for a much higher wattage.

Yeah uhh... I run BF1942 and Vietnam fine.

Im running:

Intel p4 2.4
ATI Radeon 8500
512 ddr
MB sound

It's not network lag, my ping is usually fine. I noticed the only time it lags is while I'm running around the map, I look at my case, and see that my hdd is continually being accessed.

I'm running a 300W PSU (Which is what the box says minimum requirements are) but I have been thinking about getting a new power supply anyway.

Could it be background programs runnin on your computer. Run msconfig and clean out unwanted stuff. when you have no program windows open, does your cpu useage stay under 5%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom