New computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkylover647

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I just built computer for the first time, but it will not start. Nothing turns on when i click that power button. I am in need of desperate help.

Double check that you attached the power button properly to the front panel pins on the mb.

Double check all of your psu connections. Ensure you have both the 24 and 4/8 pin into the board.

Ensure that your mb risers were installed properly to avoid you board grounding.

Full system specs please.

Ok my computer starts but for some reason, nothing shows up on my monitor. For some reason, there are 2 plugs that go into my monitor and there is only one port on my graphics card. What am I suppose to do?!?!!?

My specs are:

Intel i5 3.2GH
Biostar TP55
Corsair DDR3 memory
MSI Radeon 5770
Western Digital 500GB

Your monitor can most likely handle vga (blue) and dvi (white). Plug whichever one you have on your gpu into your monitor. You may have to change input on the monitor to ensure it is looking on the right channel. Most will auto detect but if not you have to tell it.

How do I change the input. BTW, I have a Samsung 226BW

I plug in the DVI input into my monitor and graphics card and the monitor is still blank

I pushed the source button, but it is still not recognizing the output. Could there be something wrong with my video card?

Does it beep at least?
It seems that graphic card is not plugged (does it has separated powed on board connected?) properly.
Mobo has not buildin graphics so it should go through installed one.
Did you connect cable to DVI 1 on graphic card? If there are 2 then 1 is deafult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom