dell dimension 2400 upgrade to gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

cook91c

Beta member
I wold like to do some upgrades to my dell dimension 2400 so i could start playing games like need for speed shift and the star trek online. i no i will need a graphics card and and some ram but i have no clue what ones i will need, how much i will need . i no i got plenty of room on my computer i just got a 500gb hard drive. I not trying to spend to much more then $175. can i do it for that price and dose anyone have any recommendations. Thanks

You're really going to need to put together a new system. The Dell Dimension 2400 is limited to Single core processors 3.066ghz and lower, it doesn't have an AGP or PCIx slot, and it's limited to PC 2700 DDR 333mhz.

There is no way you're ever going to play any of the newer games on this system.
You need to come up with a better budget, and for around $350-$400 you can put together a nice system.

Rich is right, mate. The older Dells worked for surfing the net and banging out office documents, but not much else.

You can buy it online, or purchase it at a local shop. The best bet is to buy it online and piece it together yourself. If you come back with a number for your budget, we can help you figure something out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom