Windows NT 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musjunk22

Daemon Poster
Does anyone have any experience on NT 4.0? I'm thinking of getting it from ebay to put on an older system of mine. I want something that can run reaaal stable for a long time. What do you think about it? Is it worth 15 bucks?

I ran NT4 for a few years as a development platform, its a very good system. I used it early on for internet browsing but I am not to sure today with security issues if that would be wise, my opinion. Great buy you won't go wrong.

Thanks,I almost thought I was alone there. I was just wondering though, on Ebay they are selling NT with 5 client licenses or ten or 25 etc. Does this mean that you get 5 or 25 coa's, and are able to put it on more than one system?

It sounds like your getting NT4 Server in which case the 5 license would allow 5 client or workstation PC's to attach to it via LAN or in the old days maybe by dialup. I used NT4 workstation, a standalone product. The server software would count and track each attached license so to speak. Hope I didn't mess this up with my explanation.

Alright now I understand. I think I'm going to get the workstation version. It has dual proccessor support(I have dual pentium 2 300's) Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom