divx player stops playback automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I have the Divx 511 player/codec program installed (the free version). Everytime I try to play an AVI file, the file stops at some point and Divx states that the program is automatically downloading files and will only take a few minutes. Out of every file I attempted to play, the download has never finished, even if I let it download for a half hour (I'm on a 3meg cable modem). Anyone else have this problem? The files play properly for 10-30 minutes before the download happens. I have never played any other file type with Divx, due to WMP being so good with Mpegs. I have also reinstalled Divx, and downloaded newer versions (i'm at the newest version I know of).

Another question, what other free player can play Divx encoded AVI files that window media player won't play with proper codecs?

So, this media player is not a Windows media player? I just don't want to install over my WMP9 just to view Divx movies.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm at the page reading about it right now.

Hmm, I get some message about chunking and rendering and interlacing, then it trys to interlace my file automatically and fails, telling me I may not have the proper codec, which I do have, because it starts to play in Divx player when I use that.

it may be then that either-if you downloaded the file it may be croupt
the moast likly problem.
or you might not have the proper codec for your video file.
moast likely tho the file has parts or a part of it missing
and there is nothing you can do about that

use this codec pack it might help (problay wont but ther good to have any way)
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm

its from the same place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom