Why I Love TF

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I joined here in the middle of December. I made many friends here, been very helpful on multiple threads, and had a lot of fun. But that is not the only reason why I love it here.

1. All the Mods, as well as the Admins, gave me straight and thorough answers to anything I ask. In this forum and about an infraction that I got. I asked Mak about why I got a warning, and he promptly fixed it and took off the warning. (Took him awhile to take it off, but that was only because he had to look up how to do it :lol:)

2. Trotter, though strict, can take a joke. PM Title "You are in my house now" about a fight I had with another member here. I PMed him back and asked him, "Now that I am in your house, can I use your bathroom?" He replied, "Just leave a quarter on top of the tank." :lol:

3. My reputation points. I help alo of people. You should all know that by now. ;)

TF:
number2.jpg

VS
Another forum site I go to:
number1.jpg

See the difference? The Admin at the other site will not do anything to fix it, though I talked to him, as well as the rest of the staff, many times. He says members are allowed to have their opinion. I do not believe it is being used as attended. I ask a question, I get -3 to -6 reputation for what reason? Someone is bashing my #@$...

But you guys would investigate it to the best of your abilities. Bashing is a crime, not an opinion.

For those reasons, I :heart: you guys. :cry: You deserve a :star:!

^^^ I think that's the reason why 95%+ of the people stay here. It's a great community where people are willing to help...not just stroke their e-ego. Plus as you mentioned, the "staff" here are great...very rarely do you see any going on power trips lol

^^^ I think that's the reason why 95%+ of the people stay here. It's a great community where people are willing to help...not just stroke their e-ego. Plus as you mentioned, the "staff" here are great...very rarely do you see any going on power trips lol

Yeah, very true

Time to lock this thread. :D

That's Hefe :D:D

You'd be liked even more if you started folding again..

I was on vacation from January 18-25, until a few days ago, I forgot to turn F@H back on after I turned my server back on. Sorry about that :p

w00t my name is on your thanking list :D! Yeah I love this forum also :) and yup for the exact reasons you posted. And ya I learn A LOT :stare:. I ain't that much of a great helper since I'm still learning but I'm getting there :grin:.

Tech-Forums is a pretty unique corner of the interwebz. I came here with a question, received a fast and accurate answer, and was quickly hooked by the community.

My aim, as well as the whole of the mod team, is to maintain and protect this community. Yes, TF has a lot of rules, and, yes, we can be fairly anal about making sure those rules are honored and obeyed. But this is the very reason that we do it. We sometimes make mistakes (are are only human), but we are willing to listen and correct those mistakes.

The mod team here is just that, a team. We work together and back one another up. We also correct one another if we get out of line or lose focus. The mod team here acts more as upper advisors instead of babysitters, and that is because the members of the community do a good job of policing themselves. For this all of us on the team are very grateful.

When I activated the rep system, I chose to not allow negative rep. Mods can give it, but no one else. This prevents people from "ganging up" on people and repping them down for whatever reason. If a member is giving out bad advice, the other members let them know about it. If they continue the mods will issue a warning about it. Should the person continue, Mak or I will terminate their membership. it is better to cut someone who continues to give bad advice loose than to let them stay and tarnish the reputation of the site... not to mention messing up many other people.

As trotter said I wound up here with a question liked it so much I decided to stay and it has become my home on the internet, **** here I am in a British mess in Afghanistan using a slow VPN to access the site.

I know at times I come off as a arse with a odd sense of humour but I treat all users fair and on the same level.
But my main goal here at TF is to help the community grow an develop from more than just a help page into a place where even the most clueless person can come here and learn, not just in tech but in any way that they wish (as long as it conforms to the rules), **** some of the mods but heads on some issues but we always remain friends.

And that is one thing that I have made here and it's friends, I currently count friends form 5 countries who I would welcome into my own home at any time that are closer than a lot of people I know off line, not all of them are mods Trotter, Mak, Pete, Tom, Keyboard cowboy and Nukem (thanks again for the boots btw pal) are some of my best friends, but people like james.wired, Burn and many more are also close friends but we have never met in person and it is the community that makes this site unique from others and I am glad of it.

The community at large is one i have never seen before or since, and I love it all walks of life an all people are accepted and this is a hard thing to find on the internet.

This is why I love TF and why I will probibly the last guy out when if ever the lights are turned off for good.

My favorite site feature: "New Posts" ;)

And of course, my favorite thing about the site is the community. More than just a forum, it's a place to lay back with friends, discuss what interests us, FLAME ON talk about topics that upset us, and just have a good time :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom