In Runtime
What kind of amps/watts should i be looking at for a rig along the lines of:
I7 920
1 DVD drive
2 HDD
HD5770
3x2GB 1.65v ddr3 1600
a couple fans, with room for overclocking

I'm just looking for a ballpark estimate here, i'm not asking someone to tally up power consumption of said parts. I got a Corsair 650tx for x-mas for a "planned" amd build, but circumstances have changed and I was just curious if i'd have enough juice for a system similar to the one stated above. Thanks again :)

I think 650 would be plenty...plus corsair makes a good quality PSU. But unless you plan on getting a second card for crossfire 650 should be perfect

(have almost the same setup..running 3.4ghz OC on the CPU and I do fine..but I do have the 750..but I was totally aware it was overkill when I bought it)

i'd say he's fine even he does go dual 5770...

edit: newegg specs say 600w min for crossfire, so even if you get a 2nd one, you should be good

Radeon HD 5770 review

Test Environment & equipment

Mainboard: ASUS X58 ROG edition Rampage II Extreme
Processor: Core i7 965 @ 3750 MHz (3.6 + Turbo mode).
Graphics Cards: Radeon HD 5770 1024MB HIS
Memory: 6144 MB (3x 2048 MB) DDR3 1866 MHz Corsair @ 1500 MHz

Energy consumption

Single GPU 5770

System in IDLE = 228 Watts
System with GPU in FULL Stress = 321 Watts
Difference (GPU load) = 93 Watt

Dual GPU 5770

System in IDLE = 249 Watts (= 21W added over single GPU)
System with GPU in FULL Stress = 423Watts
Difference (GPU load) = 174 Watt

youll be fine :)

awesome thanks a lot.

I probably won't go dual gpu cards on that rig at all... if I do it won't be for a couple years so I should have enough time to save up for a 750-850w PSU by then. :wink:

well first youd need an nvidia gpu for sli :p

if you do happen to go xfired 5770s the pci-e cables wont be a problem either since the 5770 only requires one so 2 would require *gasp* 2 cables, which the corsair 650tx does have.

jus sayin :)

a little late to the game but, ya, fine with that psu, and with crossfire for that card if you do end up doing that, a different psu would not be required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom