HP Pavilion DV6000 LCD cable problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurgan

Beta member
Hello, I need with a HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop screen problem but it's not exactly like the million and one other problems I've read about so don't stop reading yet…

My laptop screen intermittently shakes and sometimes whites out gradually. It does it when it's powered by AC adapter or battery. I know of the common video card chip problem with this series of Pavilion laptop but I've connected my laptop to an external monitor and the problem doesn't extend onto it, and as far as I am aware, that means it's not a motherboard problem.

Could it be the LCD cable? So far when the problem occurs I've temporarily cured it by putting slight pressure on the back of the screen or by tilting the screen backwards/forwards until it stops. I've been told it doesn't sound like a backlight inverter problem. I had my screen replaced about a year ago when it go cracked, but the problem didn't start for about 9 months after that.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. (Cheapest quote to fix it so far is £75)
Cheers

Sorry to revive an old thread, but my dv9000 is doing something very similar. I found out last week that if I open the lid too far that the screen will have the colors get messed up (like half the screen will go very bright) and if I push it farther the whole display shuts off. Moving the screen back the display turns back on. I had to send the laptop into HP in August because the graphics chip died (no image on display or external, even the BIOS boot graphics). It is booting fine now so I don't think it is the graphics and probably related to the LCD cable. I don't have that laptop with me but next time I use it I will try plugging in an external monitor and report my findings. If it is a simple LCD cable it should be easy to replace myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom