simple college desktop computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ormagoden

Solid State Member
my manager at the place i work at wants to go back to school and learn a trade and get a degree or anything. she needs a simple college desktop that can do the work she needs and surf the net. not looking to spend alot on the parts or anything like that. if someone could post a build for me that would be awsome

If it's just surfing + office then $300 would probably cover it.

she is trying to go as cheap as possible since she is going through a divorce and her money is short. i told her i'd do the research for her and just build her a rig. it only needs to be basic and be able to run powerpoints and things of that nature

Well take a look at AMD motherboards and chipsets, and Radeon video cards. You can peice together a computer around those components for pretty cheap, and still have a decent little machine. Intel tends to be more expensive.

You could probably find a cheap $100 system in your area on Craigslist, something like a Pentium 3 or some such. A Pentium 3 would be plenty for surfing the web, playing java or flash based web games, and basically anything you'd want to do except for gaming and the like.

You won't be able to build a system from scratch unless you shell out around $300, but if you give me a definitive number, I will put together a system from Newegg or Tigerdirect for you within that price limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom