Flash drive: Not Accesible

Status
Not open for further replies.

SThompson86

In Runtime
Hello, I have a 32GB Kingston flash drive. Every time I put it into my computer now it is not accessible. I have had trouble like this before with my other Kingston, but I have always managed to format it with the HP storage disk format tool. Well the HP tool is no help with this drive. From what I have been reading on the net Kingston jump drives seem to be problamatic. Nonetheless, just checking to see if any of you know of a trick or 2 I can try. I am getting a Not Accessible-Incorrect Function Error, When I click on the drive letter.

Also prior to it completely going south, I was trying to add a 700mb( no viruses in this file) and it was not letting me add the file it kept telling me I was running out of disk space even though nothing else was on the drive.

Thanks in advance.

Did you try going to Computer Management -> Disk Management? It may have a conflict with the driver letter. Also can you format it from there?

first give your pc config.
is it flash drive well working in other pc's or same trouble?

first give your pc config.
is it flash drive well working in other pc's or same trouble?

What does the PC Config have to do with this issue? It doesnt matter what the config is. Any PC should be able to read it regardless.

@ST-

Sadly i would have to say the drive is dead. If the HP Tools doesnt work you dont have much chance. The only thing i could even suggest would be a run with a Linux LiveCD.

go to the kingston website and see if your version has the lifetime warranty.
i have used it before and their service was not bad. got my replacement in two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom