Intel or AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
Athlon 64's are faster in 32-bit than P4's, and will be even better in 64-bit
even the socket 754's which don't support dual channel perform better than the P4's
AMD CPU's also are designed better so that their architecture supports more instructions than P4's do. the Semprons and Athlon 64's support all of the 32-bit instructions, and the P4's sometimes won't be able to process some
also, the time it takes to complete instructions is much less on AMD CPU's; where it takes an Intel CPU like 13 clock cycles to complete a complex instruction, it takes AMD about 3
and for shorter instructions AMD's complete more per clock cycle

true, wait untill winxp64 is released...Intel will start crying, hehe...are they planning on releasing a 64bit CPU?

well 1st they need to start tlaking about it, and non of that fake 64 bit crap. once they start talking about it, maybe in like 10 years, they will release something :D

How many times does the intel amd question have to be asked?

Originally posted by TheMajor Intel doesn't have an affordable 64bit processor yet...only for server usage

Thats the Itanium II, but I think it's "technically" not a 64 bit because I was reading something that says the Itanium II mimics a 64 bit cpu because it has 2 32-bit cores. I might be totally wrong though, I don't remember.

yeah but they aren't as good as Athlon 64's or Opterons, and they're expensive
when bloody Microsoft make their 64-bit OS the athlon 64's will have another advantage over the P4's
still, there are 64-bit Linux OS's

64-bit aside, the Athlon 64's have many advantages over the P4's

ye. but fair dos, the Athlon 64's cost megabux compared to intel. And the cheapest price for a 2.4GHz Athlon 64 FX was £400! I aint prepared to spend that kinda money when i can get an intel 4 Extreme Edition 3.4GHz for the same price!

haha,:) the AMD will still be better though, INTEL is only good for video editing/heavy apps and Adobe programs

AMD is for gaming and 64bit definetely beats HT!!!!

Microsoft and Intel has signed a pact. You won't see a decent 64-bit OS out on the market until Intel can release a good 64-bit gaming cpu. And that, my friends, can take quite a while.

My friend was going to get a s939 3500+ but instead gotten a P4 3.6 for a lower cost and better performance. Can't wait till AMD release the FX-55 and 4000+. I'm starting to get impatient waiting for the prices on the s939 cpus to go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom