upgrading LGA775

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
Motherboard: ASRock P43Twins1600

Current specs are in my sig...
What kind of CPU upgrade would be good? A quad-core? What model is hot for LGA775? I do mostly photo editing on my desktop.

Your budget is the main factor to consider. Your board can handle any LGA775 CPU.

A quad would be a good choice... especially since NewEgg only has two dualies faster than what you already have. I am not overly familiar with the differences between Intel's core families (Wolfdale, Yorktown) to be able to advice on whether or not you would get an actual speed increase making that move, though.

R u a gamer? I'd say you need a gpu upgrade more than a cpu upgrade.

if your cpu is the one in your sig....the E8400 at 3.78 Ghz....then IMO you dont need a cpu upgrade....go for another video card.

My bad....I thought this was for gaming....and that cpu is plenty for that , especially running at that speed.

Alrighty...sounds like upgrading the CPU would be an unnecessary expense. I'm good on memory too. Thanks for the input.

Just upgraded from Vista x64 to 7 x64. Definitely a bit faster. It seems my bottleneck is my disk transfer speed, not my cpu or memory. Time for Raid1+0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom