Hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do think about loading repairing windows for the computer.I have a corporate copy of windows xp.Soon will have a locked copy of seven not for sure how that works though I will in do time

I have a new hard drive on the way for the windows Seven along with some hardware memory ram,pci and some other things.Plan to use my old hard drive as my slave for storage and some other software.Thanks for your help in all of this Jo I clicked the rep. button for u.I know the info you have provided is right on I have had this problem before.I only way is to have two computers a like one another.
Well if your getting another HDD along with parts (a whole new PC you can say :p) you can just wait till then and transfer your stuff and then use your drive as slave.

Also no prob, that's what I'm here for :).
What do think about loading repairing windows for the computer.I have a corporate copy of windows xp.Soon will have a locked copy of seven not for sure how that works though I will in do time

Well I would say go ahead but that maybe taking it a lil too over head if you're already getting an new HDD. Just my opinion of course.

A windows repair will sometimes work with xp on a motherboard swap. The issue you have is with the drivers. You will need to update windows and install all the newest xp drivers for your board after the repair.

Put the drive back in your wife's computer, and then use SYSPREP to prepare it for transfer. I've used it several times and it works just fine.

Well I ended up swapping the two and put the xp disk in the rom and it started to detect new hardware.Then it toke awhile but it finally got itself all straight just by putting the disk in.Now windows in running fine and everything is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom