Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALIENWARE

• SAMSUNG

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell bought Alienware like 4 years ago folks.

Dell Buys Alienware - Alienware - Gizmodo

Kinda really old news on that one.

Also laptops maybe meant for portability, but that doesnt mean in any sense that they cant be used for gaming as well. Some people dont want to be tied down to 1 location which a desktop does. Some laptops out there are more than powerful enough to play the games these people want to play with some to spare. So to say that there is no such thing as a gaming laptop is wrong since we have no idea at all on what games they are trying to play.

If WoW and Steam is what they play then there is no reason that a laptop cant be used. Yeah no laptop can run Crysis the way a desktop can, but that doesnt mean that a laptop shouldnt be considered.

but most of friend said alienware not provide better customer support and after sale service.
is it true?
They are not the best from what I have heard either, but they aren't terrible if you are in warranty.
Dell bought Alienware like 4 years ago folks.

Dell Buys Alienware - Alienware - Gizmodo

Kinda really old news on that one.

Also laptops maybe meant for portability, but that doesnt mean in any sense that they cant be used for gaming as well. Some people dont want to be tied down to 1 location which a desktop does. Some laptops out there are more than powerful enough to play the games these people want to play with some to spare. So to say that there is no such thing as a gaming laptop is wrong since we have no idea at all on what games they are trying to play.

If WoW and Steam is what they play then there is no reason that a laptop cant be used. Yeah no laptop can run Crysis the way a desktop can, but that doesnt mean that a laptop shouldnt be considered.

Agreed, plenty of laptops out there that can run Crysis and other demanding games just fine. Exactly like you said, people who don't want to be tied down have some pretty good options. Asus and Toshiba are other brands to try other then Alienware if you don't want a flashy looking gaming laptop.

If you need portability to play a game with a group, yes. But you will pay a lot for an all-around good hardware laptop.

If it's just WOW or Steam as Mak said above, you don't necessarily need a powerhouse.

^ There must be some sort of mix up because Steam isn't a game. It could be any number of games he is talking about, it's just hard to figure anything out because of the apparent heavy language barrier.

I guess I'm missing something, because yeah he would need something decent to play some of the games offered on Steam. Steam doesn't dull down graphics or anything for games, so I'm not sure why you are saying that "if he is just using it to play WoW and Steam, then he doesn't need a powerhouse" because that statement is wrong, as Steam offers games from 2d to heavy intense 3d games. Again, maybe I am missing something here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom